Sunday, June 27, 2010

gramcracker 27

Been reading some blogs by some military wives. I will learn to be more fun, I promise. Those young women are very interesting bloggers. That is something I will learn along the way I believe.

Also, they put pictures in their blogs and one has music running in the background all the time that you are reading her blog. I'll learn to do that too.

Eydie's B Day yesterday. I called her and found out that Jessie and Della had also called her. Great day for Eydie, huh.

Next weekend, the Fourth, we are helping Kenyon's folks move out of their resort home. They are just getting too old to keep traveling from St. George at the bottom of Utah, back up to Star Valley in Wyoming. Even though it is only once a year, it is a strain on them to clean up after the winter and then to winterize the house and all when they leave. Star Valley is only open anyway for the four months of summer so they can only stay there for the four months, but it is just getting too much for them. They have decided to sell their park model and we are helping them pack up stuff and decide what to sell, what to take back to St. George, and what to store somewhere.

I am looking forward to being there. Honestly, I am. For some reason, Mom, always seems to want to start an argument with me. She will purposely say something that she knows will make me react. Anyway, I have decided that I am not reacting anymore. She can keep her argument to herself. Besides wanting to spend some quality time playing Progressive Hand and Foot with them, I am looking forward to not reacting when she tries to start an argument. I am not going to react.

Yesterday, Kenyon and I got to spend most of the day together. We were emptying out the cabin that Sam and Tai stayed in while they were here (Kenyon wants to finish the taping, texturing, and painting before his folks are here for the family reunion in August). We moved out the bed, the chairs, the Thomas Kincaid picture on the wall, the lamp, the chest of drawers, the night stand, and rug, and something else that I can't remember. It only took about an hour.

Oh, I read a challenge on Friday from someone who knows how to be successful. I am not allowed to do any complaining about anything for three days. Boy, I thought I was normally a person who didn't complain a lot, but now that I am being more concious about it, I realize that it is an effort to not complain. Getting better at it, though. "Better at what, complaining or not complaining." I am trying to say that I am getting better at not complaining.

That reminds me of Barbara Streisand in the movie, "What's Up Doc." Ryan O'Neal is talking with her and saying how she is just different. She says, "I know I'm different, but I'll try to be the same." Ryan says, "The same as what." She says, "The same as people who aren't different." What does that mean, huh. I love that show. When I want to laugh so hard that I wet my pants, I watch "What's Up Doc."

Sunday today. Looking forward to a beautiful Sabbath Day.

Nuff Said,
Gramcracker

No comments:

Post a Comment